When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we tried to nail down “our essentials.” We wanted to err on the side of tradition with most of our decisions. He and I are both pretty old-school: We love time with family, friends, and a good party. BUT we didn’t want to blow all the money before we even got started! Was there any budget for a good splurge?
One thing we weren’t sure if we should do was put the videographer on our list. It has become increasingly popular over the last 15 years. What had us hesitating was the cost. According to weddingstats.org, the average cost of a videographer is almost $1700. WHOA! That seemed super steep for a splurge.
So after careful consideration, we decided to go for it. We jumped on Facebook and asked our friends for recommendations. And the names started to come in. We found a great deal with a really cool group of dudes who exceeded any expectations we could have ever set. The now defunct group, ClockTower Creative, gave us a deal (though it still wasn’t cheap) and it is the single greatest decision we made about our wedding day. Here’s why:
- Jay and I get to watch it on our anniversaries together and feel like we are back to our wedding day.
- We were able to share it with family and friends who couldn’t make our wedding.
- We are able to share it with friends who we have met since we married. They can get a peek into who we are really easily from watching it!
- Our kids will be able to see the younger versions of ourselves (maybe cooler?) I wish I could see my parents’ wedding day!
- Any bride or groom can attest to the fact that it is really really hard to remember your wedding day! A video is a great way to document the things you forgot or weren’t able to be a part of!
- It is a time capsule of one of the most significant events of your life. It is literally priceless.
Nowadays, more than in a very long time, people are makers again. They like to dig in, and create. Technology has also flattened the world significantly, meaning people have access to equipment and software to make some really incredible art. Erik, and his ClockTower team, made a really cool video for us on the side of all of the other stuff that they make and do. Jay and I are so thrilled by their charming video of our nuptials that we make a date at least once a year, to revisit that special day through the eyes of really talented people. It’s hard to find a better date than that!
Here is a peek at our day. See! What a great splurge! Worth EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR!
Did you splurge for your wedding? On flowers? Cake? Was it worth it? Let me know in the comments!